March 02, 2017
I met Kailee of I'm With The Band Headbands a few months into Dazey. I spotted one of her bands on instagram and HAD to shoot them with the tees! We met up at a coffee shop so I could pull some pieces and ended up talking for hours. She's such a sweet soul and amazing lady! We have become good friends and help each others business out all the time. That's what female entrepreneurship is all about :)
A collab seemed necessary. We have been working on these babies for MONTHS and production was super tricky for these speciality prints. But it was worth it and they are finally out! Hand drawn with love by yours truly @danidazey and printed on Kailee's gorgeous velvet turbans. You can shop the collab pieces HERE.
Of of course in natural Dazey Lady fashion we had to feature the BABE behind the bands Kailee. She is a super girl boss who get's ish done. Creep her Dazey Lady words of wisdom below and our little magical shoot featuring all her bands along with our collab pieces!
Huge thanks to Victoria lady boss of Wallflower SF for hanging during the shoot, styling, and snapping some BTS instax/duo photos :)
1) Dani - Tell us about your company! How did it start? How long have you been doing it?Kailee - My company, I'm With The Band is a headwear company that creates amongst other things, headbands! It started with a vision to combine all the things I love (music, fashion, health and wellbeing) into one and make it something rad and tangible. My IWTB journey started 3 years ago.
2) Dani - What inspires you and gets you excited!?Kailee - I get super inspired and excited by the music, culture, fashion and attitude of the 60s and 70s. I also get inspiration from all sorts of things like hand painted tiles, architecture, color, texture, other cultures and a little nature reset always helps!
3) Dani - What are some of the biggest challenges you have faced?Kailee - As a small business you wear a lot of hats, so it can be a bit tricky to manage my time super well. Aside from achieving brand recognition, I'd say my biggest challenge is production and all the ins and outs of managing it whilst maintaining a product I'm super proud of and thrilled with.
4) What’s your #1 piece of advice you’d give to a girl trying to start a business?Aim to do something you love and are passionate about and start anywhere. If you're passionate and believe in what you're doing it will keep you going and inspired through all the trials and tribulations of starting and running your own business. It's never going to be the perfect time to do anything, it just doesn't exist. It always sort of re inspires me to know that you can literally start anywhere... you can start in the middle, beginning or end, but just start and put one foot in front of the other and before you know it, you'll be somewhere you've never been and you're on your way!
5) Dani -Where do you see your company going the next few years?Kailee - World domination? Just kidding... I see I'm With The Band growing into a lifestyle brand of sorts, with more and meaningful offerings that inspire people and more collaborations with authentic and aligned brands. My goals for the company are ever evolving but one thing I know for certain is that I want to grow my business into something that nurtures the human spirit, helps people and gives back to things I believe in.
6) Dani - What does being a Dazey Lady mean to you?Kailee - Well first of all, it's a real honor! It means strength, independence and unapologetically reaching for the stars. Believing in yourself through all the peaks and valleys of owning and running your own business. Knowing there's a group of badass babes that have your back when the the struggles of entrepreneurship aren't always all daisies is such a gift... so grateful for my fellow lady bosses! Most of all, it means doing what I love, spreading love, light, positivity and good vibes, following my heart and working daily to grow it into all I know it can be.
SPREAD THE LADY BOSS LOVE!!
Xx- Kailee & Dani
You can shop the collab pieces HERE
March 05, 2017
I’ve watched Kailee grow creatively and professionally. Kailee is a mover and a shaker, always listening to the beat of a different drum, thinking and acting outside the box in very thoughtful and deliberate ways. She’s got the whole thing going, from head to toe, in a uniquely stylish, yet playful way. Spiritually grounded, Kailee brings a fresh approach to the market place. So exciting to watch young talent blossom and take off in such a positive direction.
November 16, 2018
November 09, 2018
November 02, 2018
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …